Lately I seem to have developed a constant craving for rocky road. I don't know what it is about the delightful mix of chewy marsmllows, crunchy biscuits and chocolate that gets me so much. Turns out it's pretty easy to make at home:
500g of your favourite chocolate bar (i.e milk, plain, orange etc. - I used plain)
Bag of mini marshmallows (normally found in the baking section)
Crush your favourite biscuits (I used bourbons - digestives are traditionally used)
Anything else- raisins, cashews, peanut butter, malteasers etc.
1. Slowly melt your chocolate in a heatproof bowl.
2. When melted add a dash of vanilla essence and a tablespoon of golden syrup and stir.
3. Slowly stir in your biscuits ('season to taste') and anything else.
4. Then your marshmallows (try not melt them too much)
5. Line a cake tin with baking paper then pack in your mixture and place it in the fridge until hard
6. When you take it out of the fridge leave to thaw for a while before you cut it up.
These seemed to go down pretty well with my Spanish class, so let me know if you have a go at making them yourself; especially if you put your own spin on on it!