I have been seeing this Burnt Basque cheesecake all over the internet and got curious. I have done a lot of failed attempts until finally getting the taste that I want. This Burnt Basque Cheesecake originated in Basque, Spain. Whilst I’ve never been to Basque, I’ll settle with what I have: The Internet.
The recipes that I’ve seen kept using a lot of cream cheese and I just don’t have enough money to buy that many cheeses and I don’t have a lot of friends to serve 14 slices of cheesecake.
That’s why I took the liberty of making it into a recipe that would only require 1 cream cheese. So the main issue or excuse for this recipe is me being broke, have no friends, and me not having a springform pan.
Pieces: 6 Pieces
Time: 30-40 Minutes
- 1 Cream Cheese 8oz
- 1/2 Cup of Heavy Cream
- 1/8 Pinch of Salt
- 2 Eggs
- Splash of Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 Cup of Granulated Sugar
- 1/8 All Purpose Flour
- 1 Bowl
- Mixer (If you have one)
- Whisk/ Spatulla/ Fork?
- Parchment Paper
How to make it?
- Prepare all your ingredients because you might be missing some of it
- Pre-Heat oven to 215 Degrees.
- Cream the cheese until smooth
- Add the sugar, Make sure there’s no lumps
- Add eggs one at a time because they say it’s better.
- Add in your heavy cream, Vanilla, and Salt
- Finally sift you flour on the mixture and fold it. Do it by portions not all at once. Do not worry about the lumps.
- On your Cupcake Molds, Place 2 Pieces of parchment paper over each other to make it look as a cup.
- Pour your mixture, I do 5 Tbsp each.
- Place into the oven and wait for 16-20 Minutes until the top is Burnt looking but don’t burn or over cook it. You must see a bit of jiggle when it gets out of the oven
- Let it rest for a while before eating it.
Eating the Cheesecake
There are Two ways to eat the cheesecake. You may let it chill in the refrigerator for a day so the cheese would settle in or eat it straight up after cooling it so you could still get the creamy texture at the center. I actually prefer it both ways and I couldn’t decide, However I end up eating all of it anyways.
This is an easy recipe where you only need one bowl to make. It’s also quick and makes an easy fancy dessert when you have guest over.
Disclaimer: I am not in any way professional and this is just my own preference.